Accommodation for WAC Inter-Congress,
Auckland, New zealand
- Accommodation is available at Waipapa Marae from 7-12 November inclusive, bring a sleeping bag and towel (mattress, pillow, linen is provided). This is communal sleeping on a mattress on the floor, and is usually a very social affair!
The cost is $NZ20/night and breakfast is $NZ10.
At the time of writing there are still 30 places available.
Note that if you arrive before, or leave after these dates you will need to book accommodation elsewhere for that time.
If you wish to stay at the marae please contact Caroline Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other bookings please contact Amanda at the University
of Auckland Accommodation and Conference Services email@example.com
or 09 3737599 ext 89451. Please state that you are attending WAC
and you will get a discount rate.
- The Railway Campus , 24-28 Te Taou Crescent, was the old central railway station now converted into student apartments is also available. There are varied types of accommodation, including one bedroom studios, two or three bedroom apartments, and family living.
50 rooms have been set aside for WAC delegates until 24 October, after which there will still be rooms but they are not guaranteed. There are varied rates, all very reasonable, check the web site below:
Hotels near the conference venue, on the UOA preferred hotel list, and within 5-10 mins walking distance (avoid rush hour traffic), include:
- Quest on Mount, 15 Mount Street City: Rate $NZ117.00,
- Copthorne Anzac Ave, 1550 Anzac Ave, City: Rate
$NZ120.00, Room type-Premium
- Hyatt Hotel, Cnr Mayoral Drive & Princess St,
City: Rate $NZ130.00, Room type-View
- Langham Hotel, 83 Symonds St, City: Rate $NZ150.00,