- University of Sydney - Lecturer in Archaeology
- Applications invited to a Professorship in Cultural Heritage
- Call for Co-Editor of Archaeologies
- Position at the Australian National University
- Call for Applications – IPinCH Graduate Student Fellowships
- Economic History Position at University of Cape Town
|Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program 2010|
|Thursday, 07 January 2010 19:36|
The Smithsonian Institution encourages access to its collections, staff specialties, and reference resources by visiting scholars, scientists, and students. The Institution offers in-residence appointments for research and study using its facilities, and the advice and guidance of its staff members in fields that are actively pursued by the museums and research organizations of the Institution.
POSTDOCTORAL Fellowships are offered to scholars who have held the degree or equivalent for less than seven years. SENIOR Fellowships are offered to scholars who have held the degree or equivalent for seven years or more. Applicants must submit a detailed proposal including a justification for conducting research in residence at the Institution. The term is 3 to 12 months. Both fellowships offer a stipend of $42,000* per year plus allowances.
* Earth and Planetary Sciences Senior and Postdoctoral stipends are $47,000 per year.
PREDOCTORAL Fellowships are offered to doctoral candidates who have completed preliminary course work and examinations. The applicant must submit a detailed proposal including a justification for conducting the research in-residence at the Institution. Candidates must have the approval of their universities to conduct doctoral research at the Smithsonian Institution. The term is 3 to 12 months.
The stipend is $27,000 per year plus allowances.
GRADUATE STUDENT Fellowships are offered to students formally enrolled in a graduate program of study, who have completed at least one semester, and not yet have been advanced to candidacy if in a Ph.D. Program. Applicants must submit a proposal for research in a discipline which is pursued at the Smithsonian. The term is 10 weeks; the stipend is $6,000.
Postmark Deadline for submission is January 15, 2010.
Other 2010 Fellowships and Internships
* Smithsonian Institution Latino Studies Fellowship Program
* Smithsonian Institution Molecular Evolution Fellowship Program
* Smithsonian Postgradute Fellowships in Conservation of Museum Collections
* Minority Awards Program, including Minority InternshipsAdditional information and application forms are available at www.si.edu/research+Study Contact: Office of Fellowships, Smithsonian Institution, 470 L'Enfant Plaza Suite 7102, MRC 902 PO Box 37012, Washington, D.C. 20013-7012, 202-633-7070, E-mail: email@example.com or Pamela Hudson Veenbaas| Program Manager, Office of Fellowships |Smithsonian Institution T 202-633-7070 | F 202-633-7069 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org