- Archaeology in Conflict - Vienna, Austria, 2010
- Disentangling Contract Archaeology - Porto Alegre, Brazil, 2013
- Student Prizes from Indianapolis InterCongress
- WAC Inter-Congress: Heritage Management in East and South East Asia
- WAC Inter-Congress on Indigenous Peoples and Museums, 22-25 June 2011
|Friday, 29 May 2009 00:00|
WAC International Congresses are held every four years. The Congresses offer an extensive range of opportunities for discussion of the results of new archaeological research. Sessions also focus on contemporary archaeological practice and political matters with opportunities for participants to share strategies of stewardship and develop inclusive policies. Congresses are open to both members and non-members.
The Sixth World Archaeological Congress (WAC-6) was held in Ireland at the the University Colllege Dublin from 29th June - 4 July 2008. It was attended by over 1,800 archaeologists from some 75 countries. WAC supported the attendance of around 230 participants from Indigenous groups and economically disadvantaged countries.
The Seventh World Archaeological Congress (WAC-7) was held in Jordan on the Dead Sea in January, 2013. For more information visit the WAC-7 website.
|Last Updated on Friday, 07 February 2014 21:48|